David Vasta – Resume – 2019
Tags: O365 Administration, O365 Exchange, Exchange, Outlook, AD, ADFS, AZURE, PowerShell, Lotus Domino, Lotus Notes, Lotus Designer, AS/400, iSeries, IBMi, System i, OS/400, i5OS, Unix, Solaris, Linux, AiX, Ubuntu, Airwatch, iOS, RightFax Admin, Skype, Lync, Microsoft TEAMS, Yammer, SharePoint, MacOSX, Windows10
2011 – Present
Senior Global Messaging Team Lead
- Responsible for Messaging Administration working with a global team.
- Implemented and advised on build out of new mail environment for 27,000 users.
- Migrated over 27,000 users from IBM Domino to O365 & Exchange
- Architecture messaging mail flow new O365 Messaging systems including on and off site items.
- Proficient in Powershell scripting creating reports and extracting data from AD and O365.
- Administration of IBMi and AiX on Power as well as Linux
- Platforms: IBM Notes, RightFax, Airwatch, O365, Exchange, Skype, ADFS/AD, PowerShell, Barracuda, AiX, IBMi, Linux
2007 – 2011
Senior Messaging and Collaboration Team Lead
- Responsible for all Messaging Administration tasks for North and South America.
- Administered the companies over 300 Domino Servers and 5000 applications while supporting over 27,000 mail users globally running on Windows, IBMi and Linux.
- Provided Global direction to senior management on next generation messaging and social media.
- Managed multiple mergers and acquisitions providing technical support for each using multiple mail platforms including Exchange to Domino.
- Platforms: IBM Domino Collaboration Suit, Extrafax, Exchange, O365, PowerShell, Linux, IBMi, Linux
2006 – 2007
Senior Systems Engineer
Sunrise Medical Supply
- Responsible for enterprise systems and applications for a $500 million dollar medical supply manufacturing company with 15 plants in the UK, Europe, USA, Mexico, China, and Australia
- Provided leadership for J.D. Edwards implementation.
- Senior advisor to Disaster Recovery initiative and implementation.
- Implemented a complete backup system for the all System I based applications and data.
- Provided support for worldwide AiX and Solaris
- Platforms: System i, J.D. Edwards, BRMS Backup, Solaris, AiX, IBMi, AiX, Webmethods, EchoHA
2003 – 2006
Senior Systems Administrator
- Provided a Vistar corporation with data center support, using high availability software and iSeries Servers & Linux Servers.
- Provided messaging support and applications for over 4000 users in 40 distribution centers using IBM Lotus products.
- Provided support for ExtraFax to Lotus Domino installation and administration.
- Platforms: IBM iSeries, Lansa, BRMS Backup, Linux, IBM Domino, IBM Notes, Exchange, Blackberry, MIMIX
2002 – 2003
Senior Security Team Lead
- Implemented and managed the Security Project for Cingular Wireless.
- Evaluated and documents all 50 System i servers and their security settings.
- Provided daily security audits for each of the regional teams over a six month period.
- Assisted in the implementation of Change Management Controls for all IT.
- Security was adjusted for all over 25,000 users taking away high levels of access with no outages.
- Platforms: iSeries, Pentasafe Security, MIMIX
2000 – 2003
Senior Systems Administrator
- Implemented and managed a team of four deploying a CRM solution called PIVITOL to be used by the entire company.
- Assisted in the re-architecture of the network and data center to be more efficient and cost effective.
- Managed the company’s global messaging systems using Microsoft Exchange.
- Platforms: Exchange, Linux, Windows Server, iSeries, S390, AiX, Seagull Software
1999 – 2000
- Provided customers with complete solutions using the iSeries and other IBM hardware
- Provided customers with system builds and sales support for iSeries systems that ranged from $7000 to $5M.
- Preformed as project manager for many system implementations and conversions of AS/400, AiX, and Windows systems
- Platforms: AS/400, AiX, Windows Server, Exchange, Lotus Notes/Domino
1998 – 1999
Data Center Manager
Jack Henry & Associates
- Performed duties as manager over the data center operations, help desk, daily bank processing, and banking systems along with system security and acquisitions.
- Supported and migrated 40 banks to a shared banking environment.
- Provided daily and after hours support of data center operations and systems administration.
- Platforms: AS/400, CISCO, OS/2 (teller and check imaging systems), AiX,
1993 – 1998
- Deployed to three ships in four years. Held management level positions on all three commands while earning Junior Sailor of the Fleet while deployed to the Persian Gulf.
- Effective budgeted over $1 – 5 Millions dollars a quarter and 200 sailors while maintaining 6 small boats and ship transportation responsibilities.
- Forwardly deployed for all 4 years to the Pacific Rim and Middle East.
- Awarded Junior Sailor of the Pacific Fleet – 1996
EDUCATION & TRAINING
2001 – 2003 Kennesaw State Univ – Certified UNIX/Linux Administration
1999, 2001, 2003 IBM Certification
2014 RightFax Administrator Certification & Training
2016 Microsoft Exchange on O365 Training
2016 Microsoft PowerShell Training